If you want to get the Text form a control, or from the Title bar of the window, and save it to a Text variable, you can use this action.
Description of the parameters:
Get Text From Window: Using this option, you ask the Macro to retrieve the information from the Window
Get Text From Control: Using this option, you tell the Macro to retrieve the information from the Control
Target Control / Target Window: The Target Control/Window that the retrieved information will be saved to.
Get Window / Control Information: If you want to get the Text or other information of a Window or Control and save it to a Text variable, you can select one of the following options:
- Get Text of Window / Control: if you select this option, the text or information of the window or control will be retrieved
- Get Window ClassName: if you select this option, the name of the Class of the window will be retrieved.
- Get Sub-Control Name: if you select this option, the name of the Sub Control will be retrieved.
- Get sub - control X pos: The X coordinate of the sub-control, that is calculated from the left side of the sub-control.
- Get sub - control Y pos: The Y coordinate of the sub-control, that is calculated from the top of the sub-control
(Text Variable (That Stores Captured Text: The retrieved text will be saved to this variable.