How to Filter Offensive and Spam Comments on TikTok?
Table of content
TikTok is a great platform to gain more fruitful information. Many users often use TikTok to learn more details, and it offers advanced features to create unique videos and a comment section. However, if you are a TikTok user, then you might notice some days with lots of spammy content in your comment section.
The main reason is that some groups or individuals may be bullied to post such offensive comments to spoil someone's else reputation. If you are aware and post excellent content on TikTok about spam comments and use Tikviral, it will prevent your reputation and improves your online presence effortlessly. However, you need to filter the offensive comments by setting the filter on your privacy setting to maintain your fame and reputation on TikTok. If you need more about filtering and managing offensive comments on TikTok, read this article. Let's begin!
Filtered Comments Meaning
Are you wondering about filtering comments on TikTok? If yes, you are at an excellent place to gain the knowledge. Remember that if you restrict the comments for some specific users, including everyone, followers, and friends. After filtering the spammy, red-flagged, and offensive comments, it will show until you see and approve. Then, per the offensive terms and filtered comments, it will be removed from your TikTok post. Therefore, your comment section will become an excellent place to interact with the users.
What are Offensive and Spam Comments?
- Offensive Comments: These comments will come under the category of bullying, bad, or discriminating in all possible ways. If you set the keywords according to your terms to avoid other users commenting on your video.
- Spam Comments: Most comments are context to promote someone else's brand or profile, which comes under this spam category. These are large and unwanted to the users.
Steps to Filter and Remove Offensive Comments
Still need ideas to filter and remove offensive comments within a short time. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to filter all the comments.
- Step 1: The first essential step you must implement is opening the TikTok app on your mobile device.
- Step 2: You can see your profile icon at the right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Choose the hamburger icon at the top of your profile page.
- Step 4: Now, click the setting and privacy option from the menu.
- Step 5: Select privacy to open it.
- Step 6: Now, it will direct you to the interaction section, where you can turn on or off the comments you receive.
- Step 7: Go to the comments filter in the privacy setting to access the comment section.
- Step 8: You can now turn the Filter and Offensive comment option 'On,' and the feature will surely activate on your profile without any doubt.
Filter Comments on Offensive Keywords
Filtering spam and offensive comments is quite easy compared to other steps. However, do you think that including some words is also a reason to become an offensive comment? If not, it will affect your reputation among the global audience. Therefore, to avoid this hectic problem, it is crucial to filter the comments with specific keywords. Now follow the steps to filter the keywords.
- Step 1: Open the TikTok app on your mobile device and go to your profile.
- Step 2: After getting into the profile page, you can see the hamburger icon at the top of the screen.
- Step 3: Select the three lines, and you have to open the settings for choosing privacy.
- Step 4: You will find the interaction section; click the comment option. Now, it lets you quickly turn the different comment feature on or off.
- Step 5: the next main step is to add all the keywords in the option. You can add the keyword that you want as per your preference. Once you include all the keywords, it will automatically hide the keywords in all your TikTok videos.
Review Filtered Comments
Every marketer or content creator is ready to put effort into growing their followers. They often share unique videos and buy tiktok likes to improve their growth and reach on TikTok. So, to retain your reputation, enable this feature to review the comments you receive for your posts on TikTok. To review the comments, here are some steps that you have to implement.
- Step 1: Log into your TikTok account and go to your profile.
- Step 2: Select the three-lined icon at the top of your screen.
- Step 3: Now, you can select/click on the option 'Setting and Privacy.'
- Step 4: Click the Privacy option and choose 'Comments,' it will be under the Safety section.
- Step 5: Scroll down to find the management section of comments. Here, select the 'review-filtered comments' option to see the comments.
- Step 6: Finally, you need to choose between the 'Approve or Delete' option to make the comments appear on your post. This is the way to select the comments manually on TikTok. Remember that only the comments you approve will be displayed on the screen.
The comments will get hidden from limitations and filters. Do you think how it appears in the comment section? You can't share the comments that are restricted. Above all, it will not allow you to comment if you are from a group. If the comment section is disabled, no one can access the speech icon. Meanwhile, it will not be available to anyone to interact. Only the person who is the creator/owner of the respective account will be able to see the hidden comments.
TikTok is an effective and fantastic app for sharing valuable videos. If you are a brand or creator who wants to maintain your reputation without displaying offensive and spam comments, filter it. First, start to know the difference between offensive and spam comments. You can next set the keywords and filter all the unwanted comments. Hope that this article has learned how to filter the offensive and spam comments for your TikTok videos to better your reach and fame.